Chapter 18 - Final provisions
Article 207 Annexes and Footnotes
The Annexes and footnotes to this Agreement shall constitute an integral part of this Agreement.
Article 208 Succession of Treaties or International Agreements
Any reference in this Agreement to any other treaty or international agreement shall be made in the same terms to any amendment or successor treaty or international agreement that binds both Parties.
Article 209 Application
1. This Agreement shall apply to the entire customs territory of China.
2. This Agreement shall apply to the territory of New Zealand, but shall not include Tokelau.
3. Each Party is fully responsible for the observance of all provisions in this Agreement and shall take such reasonable measures as may be available to it to ensure their observance by local government and authorities in its territory.
Article 210 Confidentiality
Where a Party provides information to the other Party in accordance with this Agreement and designates the information as confidential, the other Party shall maintain the confidentiality of the information. Such information shall be used only for the purposes specified, and shall not be otherwise disclosed without the specific permission of the Party providing the information, except as required by domestic legal or constitutional requirements and only for the purpose of judicial proceedings.
Article 211 Financial Provisions
Any cooperative activities envisaged or undertaken under this Agreement shall be subject to the availability of resources and to the laws, regulations and policies of the Parties. Costs of cooperative activities shall be borne in such manner as may be mutually determined from time to time between the Parties.
Article 212 Amendments
This Agreement may be amended by agreement in writing by the Parties and such amendments shall come into force 60 days after the Parties exchange written notification that the necessary domestic legal procedures for entry into force have been completed, or after such other period as the Parties may agree in the written notification.
Article 213 Entry into Force, Duration and Termination
1. Entry into force of this Agreement shall be subject to the completion of the necessary domestic legal procedures of both Parties.
2. This Agreement shall enter into force 60 days after the Parties exchange written notification that such procedures have been completed, or after such other period as the Parties may agree in the written notification.
3. This Agreement shall remain in force until one Party gives written notice of its intention to terminate it, in which case this Agreement shall terminate 180 days after the date of the notice of termination.
Article 214 Authentic Texts
This Agreement shall be done in English and Chinese. The two texts of this Agreement are equally authentic.
In Witness Whereof, the undersigned, being duly authorized by their respective Governments, have signed this Agreement.
DONE in duplicate at ________________ this ______ day of _______________ two thousand and eight.
|For the Government of New Zealand||For the Government of the People's Republic of China|
Next > Annexes
- Page last updated: 02 July 2010